Wednesday 24 December 2008

'Twas the Dog’s Night Before Christmas

'Twas the Dog’s night before Christmas, when all through the doghouse

Not a doggie was stirring, not even a mouse;

The dog's stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The puppies were curled all snug in their dogbeds,

While visions of cookies & bones danced in their heads;

And Ma Dog and I curled together,

All warm and cuddly, out of the cold weather.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the dogbed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I jumped (I'm an agility dog),

Tore open the curtains and looked into the fog.

When, what to my wondering eyes should I see,

A sleigh, and four reindogs all cute as can be.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

Then faster than flyball dogs they came,

And he whistled, shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Rudolph! Now, Casper! Now, Buddy! Now Nikki!

Run on, run on! We must go quickly.

To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall!

Hurry on, hurry on, reindogs all.

And then, in a twinkling, upon the roof I saw,

The prancing and dogprints of each little dog paw.

And St. Nick filled the dog’s stockings with toys,

And balls and stuffies for all the dog girls and dog boys.

And he even left us extra things too,

Like bones, collars and leashes for the dogs in rescue.

Then he sprang up to his sleigh, and gave the reindogs a hoot,

And away they all flew to deliver the rest of the loot.

And that’s when I heard him exclaim, as he flew out of sight,

Happy Christmas to all dogs and to all a goodnight!

Woofs, from Casper, Buddy and Nikki's Momma

9Woofs: