Monday 24 September 2007

Take The Pledge

Hi all doggies, GG and Moosie,
Have your people "Taken The Pledge? Our Momma has! Please read below and then get your people to "Take The Pledge" too!
Momma found " The Pledge" when she was looking at this Eskie rescue site. No, Momma's not planning on getting another Eskie. Sometimes she just likes to look at all the beautiful Eskies awaiting furever homes. This can be very sad for Momma, as she wants all doggies to have a furever home. So, Momma wants all doggies to get their people to "Take The Pledge".
Please let us know if your people have taken the pledge, and then pass it on so we can get more people to "Take The Pledge"! This would make Momma very happy!

THE PLEDGE FOR LIFE

I care about animals.
I want to help bring about an end to the homeless animal tragedy.
I believe that the euthanasia of millions of animals in shelters every
year is an unacceptable solution to this tragedy.....
And I understand that my actions have a direct effect,
and that my actions can create change.

I PLEDGE TO NEVER CAUSE AN ANIMAL TO BE IN AN ANIMAL SHELTER

I pledge....
....to understand the commitment of living with a companion animal
....to be ready and willing to accept that commitment
before I bring an animal into my home and my family.
....to educate myself so that I can make a good match when choosing
an animal, and then to save a life by adopting a homeless animal
from a shelter, rescue group, or from the street.

....to protect my companions from becoming lost
by keeping them safely confined and wearing current
identification at all times.

....to not contribute to overpopulation,
by spaying and neutering my companion animals.

....to provide my companion animals with the basics of food and
shelter and medical care, and to provide them with the love and
companionship they need to be happy.

....to include my companion animals as part of my family,
to socialize them so that they are comfortable in human society,
to train them so that they will be safe and be good citizens.

....to work through problems with my companions,
and to include them in my own life changes.

....to always demonstrate respectful, loving and responsible companion
animal care so that others may learn from my example and
want to do the same.

I make this pledge to the animals,
between them and me,
to the animals I know, and the ones I may never see,
to the animals in my home, and the ones in our shelters
and on our streets,
to the animals here, and the ones yet to come.

I make this pledge to honor their love and companionship,
to acknowledge their intrinsic value,
to respect them as living beings who carry the same precious
spark of life that I myself do.

I understand that the solutions are in my hands.
I pledge to use those solutions, and in doing so, to begin to create a
community and society that shows compassion, love, and respect for
those who cannot speak for themselves.

I make this pledge with love and hope.


Source:

Mid- South Eskie Alliance American Eskimo Dog Rescue

5Woofs: